PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR -- Fish Haven to Old Ephraim

accadacca
07-05-2005, 10:14 AM
My Dad and I took off from Fish Haven, ID on Friday afternoon. I told him about this Old Ephraim's grave place and that you could ride to it on dirt roads. (Thanks to Shan on this site) I had heard about this rock and the story that goes with it. But I had never been to see it. We rode all dirt roads to get to the monument. Except we had to ride a small section of paved road in the canyon. Then we took a different road (Temple fork and Swan Flat) back to Fish Haven. I forget how we got there. I think we took Danish Pass and then I forget where we came out into the canyon and had to ride to Temple Fork? Anyhow have a look at the pictures. I can get GPS coordinates for anyone interested. Total miles around 100.

accadacca
07-05-2005, 10:17 AM

accadacca
07-05-2005, 10:20 AM

accadacca
07-05-2005, 10:23 AM

accadacca
07-05-2005, 10:25 AM

accadacca
07-05-2005, 10:25 AM

MIDGETS RUN FUNNY
05-20-2006, 04:30 PM
I HAVE RIDDEN ALL THOSE TRAILS...MOSTLY ON ATV'S BUT THAT WON'T BE THE CASE THIS SUMMER. I WILL BE ROLLING MY YZ450 AROUND. DO YOU HAVE A PLACE IN FISH HAVEN? MY FOLKS HAVE A CONDO IN THE FISH HAVEN CONDOS AND WE HAVE BEEN UP THERE ALOT MY WHOLE LIFE (30) I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PLACE AND WOULD LOVE TO GO RIDING WITH YALL IF WE END UP THERE THE SAME TIME. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE WILL BE UP THERE SO WE HAVE BETTER CHANCES OF RIDING TOGETHER.

TAKE CARE,

accadacca
05-22-2006, 09:08 AM
I was up there this weekend. I didn't make any runs up the canyon. We will have to hook up sometime. My Dad and I do 200 mile loops all over hell up there. I rode the BMW up and took a ride around the lake with the wife. Other than that we just chilled out all weekend. :2thumbs:

BrokenHorn
05-23-2006, 10:18 PM
What size KTM's are you riding? I have been thinking about getting me a bike but just don't know what to get??? Did you have to madify them to make em' street leagle?

My argument to the wife is that I can ride it to work and save 80.00 on fuel a month, that would make the payment.

I don't want a street bike, I want to be able to ride dirt roads and trails like in your pics.

Thanks for the post, loved the pics.

accadacca
05-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Mine is a 620 (white) and the orange is a 625. Mine came street legal. If it doesnt come that way you can get a kit for $500. The KTM's are a great and bullet proof. :five:

BrokenHorn
05-24-2006, 04:07 PM
being that big 600cc how is the weight? How much do you guys weigh. I'm only about 190 now but working to get to 180.

How is the suspension? I do like to "air" out a little. I know they can't compete with a dirt bike. I'm want to get as much "dirt" bike as I can and still be street leagle.

Any suggestions? Would you do anything different? thanks

accadacca
05-25-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm want to get as much "dirt" bike as I can and still be street leagle.
Three letters.....KTM. I would not buy a different bike than I have for dirt riding and a little street. KTMs just come with all the goodies from the factory. They weight about 300lbs and I am 6'0" and 180. They are on the tall side though. My second choice would be a Honda XR 650R. But it just doesn't come with the same quality parts from the factory. The KTM has brembo brakes, excel rims, white power suspension and electric start just to name a few.

BrokenHorn
05-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info.