PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Dog Lake

QuillGordon
07-03-2005, 08:08 PM
The gate is open up Millcreek, which allowed a flood of peeps to invade the Dog Lake Trail.. If you don't like crowd's like me don't bother, it takes me about a year to forget traumatic experiences due to multiple head injuries, I forget but I believe it's been a year since I hiked this trail. My arrival time was 6:45am and found one other vehicle in the lot, my first clue that I wouldn't be alone was after I started up the trail and noticed a grey Toyota with an exhaust enhancer pull up and park.. The reason I choose Millcreek is my Labrador Retriever and a slough of Watershed rules that plague the Wasatch adjacent to Salt Lake.. I'm thinkin I should reconsider this choice due to the over influx of everyone and there dog or worse yet dog's mentality... Don't get me wrong I think dog's are great, it's the owner's who should try wearin a shock collar now and then.. Now being the very reason that I visit Millcreek is why the rest of Salt Lake dog owner's visit it too should be a head's up for those of us who also like solitude ( did I mention head injuries) but be as it may I gave it a go and have regretted it since... When I made it back to the lot, at full stride, it was completely full and had a Volvo fightin with a Subaru for my parkin space... Millcreek should consider a fee hike or takin on Starbuck's as a sponser to pave more pristine wilderness to accommodate the masses... Just my humble opinion.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/QuillGordon/P1040115II.jpg

rockgremlin
07-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Millcreek should consider a fee hike or takin on Starbuck's as a sponser to pave more pristine wilderness to accommodate the masses...

:haha: :haha:

I hear ya brother, I hear ya. When I go visit the great outdoors, I want solitude above anything else - especially if I'm going out exclusively to shoot photos. Nothin like rubbing elbows with half the valley when you're tryin to compose the perfect shot. :chairshot: