PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report a few pics of snowbasin scenery

live2ride
06-28-2005, 07:27 PM
I will post a few more pics of the trails later on, just wanted to get these posted while I could

live2ride
06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
bigger...

This is what you will run into at snowbasin, singletrack and some rockbeds to make the ride a little more technical. That is why I love snowbasin, also there are rarely other bikers on the trail and I always see at least 1 moose when I am riding. Monday night (July 24th) I had to change my downhill route because two moose decided to start coming after me. It was crazy and freaked me out but nothing happened but a little jolt in the adrenaline!

rockgremlin
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Wow!! Gorgeous pics!! :2thumbs:

accadacca
06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Nice work bungholio! :lol8:

Aren't we all just real lucky to live in Utah. What a place for the outdoors. :hail2thechief: I guess the free software helped live2ride?

Oh yeah and nice ride! :headbang:

accadacca
06-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey looks like you may have those fancy new brake shifters?

Sombeech, myself and possibly others will make it up to snowbasin at some point in the next couple weeks to ride with you. You are going to be our guide. So right now you should be scouting the best trails for us. :haha:
I think Sombeech is on a cruise until next week. Lucky bastage! :banana: :cheers:

live2ride
06-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey looks like you may have those fancy new brake shifters?

Sombeech, myself and possibly others will make it up to snowbasin at some point in the next couple weeks to ride with you. You are going to be our guide. So right now you should be scouting the best trails for us. :haha:
I think Sombeech is on a cruise until next week. Lucky bastage! :banana: :cheers:

I love the new shifters, I was a little skeptical at first but once I got used to them, it would be hard to go back to rapid fire. Hey tell me when you want to go, there are some great trails up there and they are not too used yet. Let me know when you want to go and I am there. Also thanks for the advice on the pics, turns out I had some software and after looking into it I figured it out, so the pics will be flying from here on out. Take it easy... :rockon: :rockon:

Shan
06-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Awesome photos!!

Sombeech
07-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Gorgeous.

I think us Northern boys/girls should hit this trail next week. This week is a little crammed, being a holiday week and all.

Is this an all day thing, or can we get a good ride in after 5:30 in the evening?

And how much are the lift tickets?

live2ride
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I never ride the lifts, and typically stay away from the downhillers, Snowbasin.com has the prices of the lift tickets there if you want to check them out. One cool thing about Snowbasin is that you can make the ride however long/short or difficult/easy as you want. You can definitely ride after work at 5:30 and stay out as long as you want. Let me know I will be going up a couple times this week to ride in the evening, and next week I am heading to Vegas so I would be down for a Friday night ride or sat morning. Let me know!!! It just depends on how much climbing everyone likes to do? or how difficult of climbs?

accadacca
07-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey live2ride you around this week? A few of us are thinking about going to snowbasin this Saturday. You mentioned going to Vegas though? Is there some good downhill at SB? We like some uphill climbs but are not out for the climbing. If you know what I mean. :lol8: I like to earn some good downhill, but prefer more downhill than up. Whats the scoop? If you are out of town perhaps we will ride something else this weekend and then hook up with you another time.

live2ride
07-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey live2ride you around this week? A few of us are thinking about going to snowbasin this Saturday. You mentioned going to Vegas though? Is there some good downhill at SB? We like some uphill climbs but are not out for the climbing. If you know what I mean. :lol8: I like to earn some good downhill, but prefer more downhill than up. Whats the scoop? If you are out of town perhaps we will ride something else this weekend and then hook up with you another time.

I am in town now, the good thing about basin is that you can make the climb as easy or dificult as you like. If you absolutly want to make it even easier the tram is 8$ and the downhill is pretty decent. It isn't deer valley but if you want to bomb down the service roads or some good singletrack you can easily find it! Let me know where you guys decide to ride, I would like to go with you. I will load some more photos tonight!!! of basin.

Sombeech
07-25-2005, 03:59 PM
So, which areas do you usually ride, by looking at the google image?

Looks like there's a ton of trails up there.

Also, download the attachment tool to see more of snowbasin.

live2ride
07-27-2005, 12:07 PM
This pic doesn't quite do justice to the ammount of trails that are at snowbasin, I usially ride to mount ogden from greens pond.

http://www.snowbasin.com/images/trail_maps/mtn_trail_map_s.jpg

here is a link (I hope it works) to the picture of trails that are up at snowbasin. I ride greens pond to warm up then take trail number 3 (porcupine) and ride untill john paul, then continue on #3 to the highest part I can go, then I dig the down hill.

live2ride
07-27-2005, 12:11 PM
There are 25 miles of trails up at Snowbasin. They are getting a little rutted out right now but that makes them more technical to ride and more enjoyable. The climbs include quite a few switchbacks. From the google image if you start at the bottom of the picture and go to the base of Mt. Ogden, that is around a 2000 ft climb in around 5 miles with two miles at the beginning climbing 400 ft. It is a great ride

Sombeech
07-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Wow, that picture (smaller version below) really shows how much there is to ride.

Thanks. This is still on my to do list.

live2ride
07-27-2005, 01:38 PM
The good thing about it is that the mountain is basically empty and you will not run into anyone. Let me know when you want to go and ride up there and we can do it.