PDA

View Full Version : Jardine Juniper

Shan
06-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Here's some photos from Tuesday's evening ride. The Jardine trail is 12 miles up Logan Canyon. It's about 9 miles up and back, 1800 feet of climbing, not counting the cutoff to see the famous 3,000 y.o. tree. It's great ride to get in after work. No one was at the trailhead at 5pm.

rockgremlin
06-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow!! It's really green up there! Gorgeous trail! Makes me wanna get back into mtn. biking. :haha:

I like the sign: "Shady trail, Scenic trail" Its like saying: "Wimpy, tough guy" :lol8:

live2ride
06-25-2005, 01:53 PM
how long did this ride take to complete??? Looks like I ride I want to hit pretty soon!!

accadacca
06-25-2005, 07:33 PM
You'll have to click on the links. phpBB doesn't like snapfish coding.
You could just upload them here if you like?

Yeah pretty country up that way. Logan canyon is the bomb. I ride my motorcycle all over that canyon. Guess I should ride the mt. bike too. I have fished white pine and the other lake above it. I guess the lower lake might be called something else? Just up the road in Tony Grove is lake #1 and then a hike to the upper #2. What are these called again? :ne_nau:

accadacca
06-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow!! It's really green up there! Gorgeous trail! Makes me wanna get back into mtn. biking. :haha:
You still got that florescent orange funky framed Gary Fisher laying around somewhere?

Shan
06-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah pretty country up that way. Logan canyon is the bomb. I ride my motorcycle all over that canyon. Guess I should ride the mt. bike too. I have fished white pine and the other lake above it. I guess the lower lake might be called something else? Just up the road in Tony Grove is lake #1 and then a hike to the upper #2. What are these called again? :ne_nau:

Do you mean these lakes: Tony Grove Lake is at the parking lot, then you hike to White Pine 4mi in?

You still got that florescent orange funky framed Gary Fisher laying around somewhere?

Who the....what the... Do I know you accadacca? Yes, we still have the GF frame.

accadacca
06-27-2005, 10:35 AM

Who the....what the... Do I know you accadacca? Yes, we still have the GF frame.
Rockgremlin used to have one. I was trying to see if he pawned the sucker. :mrgreen: See my original post. :ne_nau:

Shan
06-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Ah, I see, you were talking to him.

I also have a 1990-something neon orange GF Paragon frame which I recently acquired, not from Rockgremlin.

live2ride, it takes me a little over 2 hours to go up and back. My friends can reach the tree cut off (via the scenic route) in an hour flat, before descending.