PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Earth Mover

accadacca
06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
This beast is amazing! I have actually have seen it in action on TV a few times. Imagine the dirt that it could move in a day! :naughty:

rockgremlin
06-24-2005, 03:02 PM
This thing is called a Bucketwheel, and they're used quite a bit in Europe, but rarely in the U.S., mainly because they are so expensive to build, and they're so damn slow.

I should take some pictures of the 320-ton haul trucks out at Kennecott and post them up. Sure is intimidating seeing those things in your rear view mirror!! :eek2:

accadacca
06-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I should take some pictures of the 320-ton haul trucks out at Kennecott and post them up. Sure is intimidating seeing those things in your rear view mirror!! :eek2:
Yeah do! See if you cant break away from all that hard labor to snap a few photos. :lol8: I would like to see some of the machinery at work.

DaveOU812
07-31-2005, 06:29 PM
It's always funny to see a 69-ton tank riding the tail of a little two door toyota while traveling 45 down a freeway. Usualy the toyota doesn't think it's so funny though. The look on their face is usualy the best. :dropmouth: