PDA

View Full Version : Out into the open

tuffchuck2000
06-23-2005, 12:17 PM
So, I have been a memeber for a little bit, just never posted here, I enjoy canyoneering and backpacking, although this summer has been a hard one to get out. I am finishing my masters degree in Civil engineering and planning my wedding, but have still managed to do some local climbing, and mountian biking with a trip to Havasupi stuck in there too. I really do enjoy reading the trip reports and getting others input on different hikes and such.

accadacca
06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Welcome to uutah dude! So how tuff are you really? :lol8:

Havasu falls area? Man I have to get to Havasu falls sometime. Looks like a blast! :nod:

Sombeech
06-24-2005, 07:43 AM
I love Havasupai. I've been there twice, and would love to go again.

If you are willing to pack some snorkelling gear down there, it is well worth it!

tuffchuck2000
06-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah, we took some googles so we could do some diving and we found some really cool stuff under the water, like a cave under one of the waterfalls at Beaver falls. I have been there twice now, and am still just amazed at how out of place the waterfalls seem in the desert there. It really is one of my favorite places.

Sombeech
06-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, we took some googles so we could do some diving and we found some really cool stuff under the water, like a cave under one of the waterfalls at Beaver falls.

I think they call that the Green Room. Did you go up in there? I haven't yet, but I've heard there's light coming down in there, and it's all green. There's also air in there so you can chill for a while.

ChiefAutoParts
07-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah, we took some googles so we could do some diving and we found some really cool stuff under the water, like a cave under one of the waterfalls at Beaver falls.

I think they call that the Green Room. Did you go up in there? I haven't yet, but I've heard there's light coming down in there, and it's all green. There's also air in there so you can chill for a while.

That sounds like a neat place.

Sombeech
07-07-2005, 01:23 PM

You're neat. :haha: What's up, Chief? You've got to get a bike, and start riding with me, Don, Dave, Cam, and LeRoy.

ChiefAutoParts
07-07-2005, 03:16 PM

You're neat. :haha: What's up, Chief? You've got to get a bike, and start riding with me, Don, Dave, Cam, and LeRoy.

Gotta good bike... just hate my schedule! My retail schedule doesn't allow for such fun things...I hate it. I wish it was more of a set schedule. Plus I need the invite... I never know when you're getting together. I'd love to get the dust off my bike and go for a sweet ride. It's been forever. Let me know!!! Chief.

PS- Nice to see you and Accadacca over on the DWR site. I'm chiefautoparts there, too. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
07-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm trying to get a concrete day each week, say like every Wed night. It's still trying to get off of the ground though, 'cuz everybody is on vacation.

That way we wouldn't have to call everybody each week. I'm going tonight, but I just decided a half hour ago. We'll hit BST in Ogden.
Where are you living again?

(We kind of took over this topic) :roll: