PDA

View Full Version : Group Rides

live2ride
06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and think it is a great thing! Just wondering if there any group rides or anything like that since it seems that so many people are riding in the Ogden area? Just thought I would throw that out. Also I hit snowbasin today, trails are great and there is no mud. Get out and ride!!! :bootyshake:

accadacca
06-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and think it is a great thing! Just wondering if there any group rides or anything like that since it seems that so many people are riding in the Ogden area? Just thought I would throw that out. Also I hit snowbasin today, trails are great and there is no mud. Get out and ride!!! :bootyshake:
I would like to get together for some group rides too and I have never ridden at Snowbasin. Sombeech and several other users on here live in Layton/Ogden area. Many of the trails are drying up and I would like to start riding more on weeknights. Just post on here when you plan to ride and want to get together. That is what the site is for. :2thumbs:

I would like to ride a trail this week and then one on the weekend.

Sombeech
06-21-2005, 08:23 AM
I am up here in Ogden, the Rock and Roll capital of the world. :rockon:

I am TRYING to ride once a week, just to stay in shape, on top of riding to work a few times a week. If I ride, it will usually be the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, starting at 22nd street. Just because it's so easy to go after work.

When I go, I am trying to include Chivato, MY T PIMP, KillEmAll, and a couple of others, but it's usually a spontaneous decision, so it's hard to get the group together on short notice.

We (Ogdenites) on this forum should just choose one night each week to go, and whoever can make it, can make it.

I can usually be at the trailhead by about 6:00 p.m.

fourtycal
06-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Me and a couple of friends from work ride a short trail every tuesday evening after work, they are mostly salt lake county trails since that is where we work. some so far this year are little cottonwood, pipeline, bst/bobsled, and corner canyon.
This evening we will be riding yellow fork. We work until 5pm and it can take up to 45 minutes to get to the yellow fork trailhead. The more riders the more fun so anyone out there is welcome to join us(we have varying skill levels and bikes from cheap to awsome so dont use out of shape or crappy bike as an excuse!)
I plan to be at the trailhead at 5:45 so I will see you there.

live2ride
06-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Sounds good with the riding, I am in Layton and try to ride as much as I can, I usually hit snowbasin and the BSL, I would be up to meet on some night like somebeech said and those who are there are there! I will updload some pics of Snowbasin later on today, got to go and do some work!!

:blahblah:

Sombeech
06-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I will updload some pics of Snowbasin later on today, got to go and do some work!!

Nice.

accadacca
06-21-2005, 10:45 AM
I plan to be at the trail head at 5:45 so I will see you there.
I have never ridden Yellow Fork and would love to join you guys tonight. Would I meet you where the pavement ends like this trail description mentions?

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/yellow.htm

live2ride
06-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey for some reason my pics didn't turn out on my digital, if you want to check out the trails at snowbasin go to snowbasin.com they have maps of the mountain, I like to start at either art nord (top of wheeler canyon 4 miles long or so) then ride green's pond (3 miles) then hit the last chance loop and connect to needles. That is a saturday ride, but a great ride to look at the flowers is green's pond, then last chance (the ride is fairly easy and can be ridden in a large gear, Needles is a fun ride and the downhill is worth the climbing. This saturday I want to go riding in the morning sometime??

Sombeech
06-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Man, I wish I could go this saturday morning, I'm doing inventory at work. I've gotta hit Snowbasin though, it's eating me up.

accadacca
06-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey for some reason my pics didn't turn out on my digital, if you want to check out the trails at snowbasin go to snowbasin.com they have maps of the mountain, I like to start at either art nord (top of wheeler canyon 4 miles long or so) then ride green's pond (3 miles) then hit the last chance loop and connect to needles. That is a saturday ride, but a great ride to look at the flowers is green's pond, then last chance (the ride is fairly easy and can be ridden in a large gear, Needles is a fun ride and the downhill is worth the climbing. This saturday I want to go riding in the morning sometime??
Do you ride the chair? How many do they have open? How much? etc, etc, etc?

live2ride
06-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Do you ride the chair? How many do they have open? How much? etc, etc, etc?

i usually start at greens pond and then ride the mountain up from there. there are some great views of the valey from the top and the trails are rocky and pretty much untouched. Not too many riders so it makes it nice