PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Provo

DickHead
06-15-2005, 06:29 AM
Fished the middle and lower provo. Had some hits on pink scuds. Caught one on the middle on a brown roostertail, buddy caught three on the same.
Tranisitioned to the lower provo, and fished a sluice off the main river where I caught a dozen fish in 1 hour earier in the year. Same sluice was lower, with less fish hiding in it, but I managed to dupe a couple into taking the pink scuds, including one fat fatty and one in about 6" of water.

Water on both bodies is high, and hard to fish. Clarity isn't too bad. Deer Creek is full. I should have taken pictures but I forgot.
:frustrated:

rockgremlin
06-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Looks like eveyone but the fish had a good time!! :haha:

Nice catch!!

DickHead
06-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Looks like eveyone but the fish had a good time!! :haha:

Nice catch!!

Thanks!

Oh, yea, my buddy duped a Cutt out of the Middle on a roostertail, too.
Wasn't very big, but he was very excited to see Cutthroat in there.

accadacca
06-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Nice work dude! Good looking browns and a cutt. :five:

I was camping east of Heber this last weekend. I had to get home in the morning for a company Lagoon day. I would have really like to stop and fish the Provo on the way home. But Lagoon was fun until it started down pouring about 7:30pm. :frustrated:

Hey I am headed down south this weekend. (tomorrow night) Have you fished anything good down that way lately? I am thinking about throwing in my float tube and poles. Two newer reservoirs down that way now. Is there anything that I could Fish from the shore? Possibly one of these reservoirs? :ne_nau: Oh yeah I will be camping around Zion.

DickHead
06-16-2005, 06:09 AM
I haven't fished down south at all, but have you heard of Quail Creek reservoir? Biggest largemouth in the state!
:2thumbs:

accadacca
06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Quail Creek would be on my list of places to try. I would also like to try Sand Hollow. It looks like a cool place to camp, fish, OHV, and hell biking is only down the road from here. Looks like an ideal area!

http://www.utahoutdoors.com/pages/sand_hollow.htm

http://kutv.com/outdoors/local_story_152174943.html