PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Uintah trails

Sombeech
06-13-2005, 07:37 AM
We just hit a couple of trails in the Uintahs this last weekend. We stayed at a friend's cabin near the Bear River Service Station. It was a couple miles north of the turn off to Christmas Meadows.

I can't remember the names of the trails we hit, but one of them was "Deadman Trail"? We also rode up to Lily Lake. That was pretty cool.

I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I get them developed. I know, I know, it's the digital age. :roll:

I also got some video clips of the ride. Not much, just short clips. I'll post those tomorrow.

accadacca
06-13-2005, 08:37 AM
That's cool! I have been all over up there on my motorcycle. We did a 150 mile loop last time. We went past several lakes and I forget the names. :roll:

Sombeech
06-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Here's a couple of video clips from the ride...
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1802#1802

My favorite parts are involving MY T PIMP. (Green long sleeved shirt, and helmet) Stunt rider extraordinair.

KillEmAll has some pics that he's going to upload soon... Keep an eye out.

KillEmAll
06-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Here's some of the photos as promised.

Sombeech
06-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Dude, that is hilarious!! I just about crapped my pants here at the school's computer lab.

http://uutah.com/forum/files/uintahs3a.jpg

Sombeech
06-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey, do you have any of those video clips?

KillEmAll
06-14-2005, 08:06 PM
This is the only one that's worth posting.

accadacca
06-14-2005, 09:16 PM
High fives all around. :five: Funny stuff! :roflol:

Is that the main guy from the bee gees in the background riding a four wheeler? You guys know him? :lol8:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/uintahs4.jpg

KillEmAll
06-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah, they were up there doin' a gig. We let him ride our 4-wheeler.

Sombeech
06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Here's some more pics from this same weekend.

We rode up to Lily lake, and the surrounding areas.

derstuka
07-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Hey Sombeech,

I'm gonna be "Safety Sam" and ask if you and your fellas ever wear helmets during your ATV adventures? I see in the pictures that most are not, but I didn't know about all the time.

I can honestly say that I probably would either not be here today, or be severely impaired if not for a helmet. I agree that anybody can do as they choose, I'm just inquiring is all.

Sombeech
07-26-2005, 09:24 AM
True, some of us weren't wearing helmets that day. I agree we should, as helmets have treated me good in the past.

We should get more in the habit.

DickHead
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm going to be Saftey A@@ and bitch at ya....
Anyone who goes without a helmet on any wheeled form of recreation is asking to become a vegetable. What in the hell are you thinking?
I've witnessed ATV accidents that didn't turn out very well for the rider. I used to 4x4 in a cool private park back in Texas and witnessed everything from ATVers hitting trees without helmets to flipping over backwards on near-vertical terrain. I've seen about 4 guys taken away by ambulance, and 3 lifeflighted out with serious head trauma. One guy had an obvious open skull fracture....not a pretty sight and probably changed his life forever.
Wear a $&^@*ing helmet!

Sombeech
07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
ok

DickHead
07-26-2005, 10:09 AM
ok

Wow, that was easy...
:five:
We only bitch because we don't want Somveggie posting.....

Uhhnnnnn....
Ooohhhhh
Blink. Blink. Pictures.

:twisted:

accadacca
07-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah I could care less if the majority of them where exterminated. Better that it be self imposed. :lol8: J/K Seriously though, I have seen some nasty crashes over the years as well. Many of the times it is the other guy that you have to worry about. Some nut going to fast and comes flying at you out of control. Crazy ass four wheelerssss........... :blahblah:
I would definitely wear a helmet if I was around this posse..... :fitz: What a bunch of thugs! :doorpeak: :lol8:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/uintah_ride_05__2_.jpg

KillEmAll
07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Helmets huh? Never heard of 'em being new to the planet earth and all. Thanks for the information.

Sombeech
07-26-2005, 01:19 PM
What are you guys talking about? We had helmets on, look!!

KillEmAll
07-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Our skulls were thick enough, I don't think most of us needed 'em.

derstuka
07-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't think most of us needed 'em.

I'm taking this statement out of context, but I think that this (or a version of it) is very common for skull fractures or concussions in the ER. I know that a guy that I work with who always wants to ride with me says that he doesn't need a helmet because he doesn't crash, and because they look funny. About two months later he came into work with a cut above his eyebrow and said that he did a endo flipping over and landing on his head and back. Well, I told him that I won't ride with him unless he wears a helmet, and I ended up giving him my old one. Not sure if he is wearing it now though.

Black Mage
07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm glad I wear a helmet, especially when we were riding out at Knolls a few weeks ago.

We went with my dad's friend, Sean, who owns Xtreme Rentals in Layton. He showed us to a particular spot where many riders have riden in circles around this dead bush. So much so, in fact, that it was like riding around a tight funnel. Fun and very dizzying. Anyway, I was dropping in for a third go, but did so in a particularly steep part. I went in, hit the bottom, the bar on my ATV lurched to the left and took my straight up the center column. My ATV stood straight up, front to the sky and bucked me off the back (not very fun considering I have a cargo box on the back). I fell to the ground and looked up to see my ATV looming over me, looking as though it was about to fall back on me. I managed to get to my hands and feet and ran, well scurry is more like it, out of the way. Luckily my quad just fell foreward onto it's wheels with out harm.

I've been riding for three years now and that was the first time that I have even been thrown.

Sombeech
08-06-2005, 09:40 PM
just had to post this sound wav