PDA

View Full Version : Halo talk-your favorite boards

Sombeech
06-03-2005, 10:19 AM
What are your favorite boards for Xbox Halo and Halo 2?

Halo-
for Slayer it's Wizard with Rockets.
CTF is Blood Gulch with Tanks. Everybody hates me because of the tank.

Halo 2-Zanzibar 1 flag Offense Defense CTF
CTF regular-Coagulation. If you're playing the tanks, the Warthog with the Gauss cannon on it is a pretty good opponent.
Slayer with Rockets? Midship.

What do you guys play most?

rockgremlin
06-03-2005, 11:11 AM
We mostly play either straight up slayer or team slayer on Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Ascension, Turf, Warlock, Sanctuary, Foundation, or Lockout.

1 flag CTF on Zanzibar, 2 flag CTF on Beaver creek are loads of fun too. We also sometimes play Ninjanaught, or Dreadnought.

We never play Halo 1 anymore.

Sombeech
06-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah, we haven't played Halo 1 since 2 came out, but we've been thinking of a nostalgic game one of these nights.
Halo 2 just has so many more options.

So you're mostly Slayer, huh? We're mostly CTF.

Sombeech
06-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I forgot what ninjanaught was. Is that where the person who is "it" is invisible?

How many players do you usually have?

Sombeech
06-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Here's a favorite getaway. We'll find somewhere that we can go on a weekend, turn the cell phones off, and play for 12 hours at a time between breaks.
We've learned to hold our bowel movements until after the board is done. This is tough, because drinks are the main source of food during Halo or Halo 2.

In these pictures, we were playing at my family's cabin in Bear Lake. Notice the projector.

We'll usually have 12-16 of us on at least 4 tv's.

rockgremlin
06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Looks like a blast!! Our little clique is about 7-8 members in size. We usually just hook up on line.

Sombeech
09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Time to bring this one back from the dead.

Who's had a chance to play the Halo 2 multiplayer expansion pack?

I'm glad they brought back Wizard as Warlock. The little brushes in there provide some pretty good cover.

Also, Elongation is another resurrection. It's cool to see the second edition of the boards, and the additions they put on.

Let's get this topic rolling! I know we have a ton of Halo fans out there!!! :2gun: :defend: :assault:

icthys
09-13-2005, 06:26 AM
I work for an AV company. We've been known to have Halo parties at our showroom. 4 groups of 4, each group in their own theater with digital surround sound and a projector. Now that's some fun stuff.

rockgremlin
09-13-2005, 05:11 PM
I really like Sanctuary, Turf, Relic, and Terminal.

I play twice a week with some other guys I know. We all hook up "on the Kai." I'm pretty much addicted. :haha:

Here's another topic: What's your favorite weapon/dual combo?

Mine is the sniper rifle together with shotgun combo. Come'n get me!! :twisted:

crazy horse
09-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Sniper/Shotgun is definately pretty sweet. It all depends on the board though. Sometimes you just need to pack a rocket launcher. And sometimes you can just dominate with an SMG+Pistol. Personally though, i'm partial to the Battle Rifle. I just love that thing.

Sombeech
09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I love dual needlers. That gun is underestimated. I love it.

For my secondary weapon, I choose the Energy Sword. There's no escaping it in close range. Once the target's red, it's all over.

4 groups of 4, each group in their own theater with digital surround sound and a projector

:dropmouth: :slobber: Dude, when's the next gathering?

I've played with a projector a couple of times. It's great once you get your look sensitivity set right.

The gatherings are so cool, 'cause you can yell at each other. After each intense 45 minute game of capture the flag, you can all come out to the main room for a quick drink, exchange some laughs, take a pee break, and get right back to it.

Sombeech
09-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Have you guys heard of the cheat with the sword, and another gun that can zoom in?

Supposedly, if you do it right, you can lock in from across the board with the sword, and fly across the whole thing. I'm not into cheating, but I was wondering if anybody has done it. If you don't know what it is, I can go further into depth on it... :ne_nau:

PANCHO VILLA
09-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Slayer is on of my favorites :hail2thechief:

PANCHO VILLA
09-14-2005, 07:22 AM
When are we going to have another Halo party :frustrated: . I love it when we hunt each other down and talk trash :argue:. I need to stop waking up in these cold sweats :ahhh: every morning. I NEED TO GET MY HALO FIX :eek1: :roflol:

price1869
09-14-2005, 09:47 AM
So, as a kick-ass canyoneer, mt. biker, climber, and xbox owner, when do I get to come play? I guess I need to get practiced up. I don't think I've used my Xbox for anything but a dvd player since the last big snow.

Price

Superriffic S*
09-14-2005, 10:41 AM
We used to have this group that got together about once a month to play Halo... I know... a girl playing HALO?!?! I actually like it a whole helluvalot!

Well, some of them decided that they had "family obligations" and such so they couldn't stay out until 6am. And then others found new "girlfriends" that they wanted to play Halo with instead of us.

Then the one that started his own "girls club" got so good that he didn't care if anyone else was having fun or not, he just wanted to kill, kill, kill. I am not naming names, but you know who you are.

To top it off; one of our key people left to Budapest last week.

So, needless to say, we don't have Halo parties anymore. <waaah!>

S*

rockgremlin
09-14-2005, 12:05 PM
So, as a kick-ass canyoneer, mt. biker, climber, and xbox owner, when do I get to come play? I guess I need to get practiced up. I don't think I've used my Xbox for anything but a dvd player since the last big snow.

Price

We should have a UUtah Halo party that'd be SWEET! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
09-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Then the one that started his own "girls club" got so good that he didn't care if anyone else was having fun or not, he just wanted to kill, kill, kill. I am not naming names, but you know who you are.

Sorry, I didn't know you weren't having fun with that! Just kidding :lol8:

I'm serious, let's get a uutah Halo party going on!