PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge and The Green river

DickHead
05-24-2005, 03:47 PM
5/21-today.
The river is being run very, very high. There are spots its up to the boardwalks along the trail between the Dam and Little hole. Down below Little Hole its running onto the lower footpaths, and nearly unfishable.
Day 1 was Sunday. Fished below little hole One big brown, on a hopper, in about 12" of water. Quite sporty :mrgreen:
Otherwise, it sucked. Lots of tangles in the weeds and grass.
Day 2 (Mon). Fished below the Dam. Started out slow, but eventually I started getting hookups on a small green scud below a big-ass pink scud. For some reason I couldn't get a knot right to save my ass, so I broke off a couple rigs. Eventually I started catching a few fish on WD40's, mostly rainbows in the 14" range, but the fishing was very slow. Got another big shallow feeding brown to take a hopper. :mrgreen:
That afternoon we drove up to the Dam parking area and walked down to the left where a new bay had formed. Started tossing a rainbow-colored roostertail and caught at least 20 smallmouth in the 8"-12" range. Damn I miss bass fishing!
The lake is pretty murky, and up alot from just this March.
We camped at Cedar springs. I highly recommend that or Deer Run. Showers at Deer Run, but you can use them free if you're at Cedar Springs.

Pictures to come later.

accadacca
05-24-2005, 04:38 PM
SWEET! Thanks for the report. :2thumbs: Sounds like a successful trip. :fishing: I have really been getting the itch to get my pole out. That sounded weird? Well I am always anxious to get either pole out. :haha: I want to hit something local after work one night. Perhaps Jordanelle near the Provo? May be raging though. :eek7:

Rockgremlin took a picture of the green on Sunday and posted it in the canyoneering section. Yeah looks damn high. I look forward to your pictures.

http://uutah.com/forum/files/20.jpg

DickHead
05-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Pics:

accadacca
05-25-2005, 03:41 PM
What a life........... :roflol:
http://uutah.com/forum/files/eric_and_kevin_napping_below_the_dam_may_05-small.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Nice brown! :five: