PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, Howdy howdy

DickHead
05-16-2005, 03:04 PM
:cool2:

Newbie onboard. Jason, hail out of West Jodan. Married with Spawn. Currently into Road and Mountain biking, fly-fishing, camping. Enjoy hiking and backpacking but don't get to do those very often. Also a gun owner and enthusiast, former bird hunter (Haven't been able to hunt in awhile). Former 4x4 enthusiast and even wrote for an internet rag for awhile (www.dirtroad.com). Gave that up because I'm off during the week and don't enjoy 4x4'ing by myself, plus its freaking exepensive to maintain a Jeep.
The handle comes from my bikes, I've got a Jamis roadie and MTB. My other bike is a Surly Crosscheck setup for commuting and occassionally cyclocross racing in the fall.
Yes this is long, I like to ramble and hear myself talk.
My days off are typically Tues/Wed and I'm up for fishing or biking if someone wants to try and hook up.

Sombeech
05-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm a former Jeeper myself.
http://uutah.com/forum/files/jeep_i..jpg
I had to sell it to buy a house though. This was my 2nd jeep.
We try to do some backpacking, hiking and biking throughout the year, but it never seems like enough.
Welcome to the forum.

DickHead
05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I used to do alot of Jeeping, here's some pics of my old ride. She gave up the ghost finally, and I had a '78 Chief I was rebuilding into an extreme rockcrawler when my wife got Pregnant. I decided that it was time to quit. I'd also picked up cycling, and was getting more and more into.

Sombeech
05-16-2005, 03:25 PM
That looks like a blast. It sucks when we're mature enough to put our priorities straight, doesn't it?

accadacca
05-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Welcome dude! :2thumbs: Nice lookin' brown! :fishing: Where was it caught? BTW....funny ava! :lol8:

DickHead
05-17-2005, 05:42 AM
Welcome dude! :2thumbs: Nice lookin' brown! :fishing: Where was it caught? BTW....funny ava! :lol8:

On the Green river below Little Hole.
My first ever trip there about 3 years ago.

Sombeech
05-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Nice lookin' brown! :fishing: Where was it caught?

On the Green river below Little Hole.
My first ever trip there about 3 years ago.

Love the Green. It's a great place. This was my first time floating it, last year.
Notice my fly box floating right in front of me and I don't know it.

http://uutah.com/forum/files/green7.jpg

DickHead
05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
I've got some great pics off the Green

Sombeech
05-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Nice work! Man, we should probably be posting these in the fishing section.