PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Sand Mountain April 7 and 8th

yzchic125
05-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Went out to Sand Mountain last weekend...Didn't have much time as my In-laws didn't want to watch the kids long but we had a blast. As we were heading up there on Saturday afternoon it was pouring and I was gettin really pist cause I didn't want to drive the hour and a half just to turn around. Get to the visitors center for the Dunes and we look in the direction of Sand Mountain and the sky is total perfection over there. We drive the few minutes it takes to get there and park get out and look up at the sky straight above us...fluffy white clouds and about a mile out in every direction black ominous looking ones.....Rode until well after dark. Hardly a soul around. It was a great trip I guess everyone left when the lil bit of rain hit on Saturday not complaining though less people to get in our way. I will post some pics when I upload them.

Sombeech
05-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I will post some pics when I upload them.

I've heard quite a bit about Sand Mtn. All of my friends and family have been there, but somehow I am not able to go with them each time. I am eager to see these pics of Sand Mtn, 'cause that's all I hear about.
Hopefully I can get down there one of these days.

rockgremlin
05-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Hey welcome to uutah, yz. Hope to see more from ya! :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey welcome to uutah, yz. Hope to see more from ya! :2thumbs:
Ya what he said. Welcome!

Get to the visitors center for the Dunes and we look in the direction of Sand Mountain and the sky is total perfection over there. We drive the few minutes it takes to get there and park get out and look up at the sky straight above us...fluffy white clouds and about a mile out in every direction black ominous looking ones.....
It is sure nice when things work out that way. It seems that most of the time it is the exact opposite. Looking forward to the pictures.