PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Trip Report - Mid-March-MINDBENDER!!

rockgremlin
04-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Great canyon, great company, great weather. Does it get any better?

rock_ski_cowboy
04-26-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm glad they got to you ok! Sorry it took me so long. Good lookin bunch we are. I should really go into the helmet modeling biz :lol:

rockgremlin
04-26-2005, 01:09 PM
more...

rockgremlin
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM

accadacca
04-26-2005, 01:49 PM
This is the last rappel looking up from the bottom. Its roughly 165 feet!
http://uutah.com/forum/files/big_drop.jpg

Holy rappel Batman! :eek1:

That looks awesome!!!! These pictures were worth the wait. This has probably been mention someplace, but where is Mindbender? How long is it? What is it rated? Etc? Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

rock_ski_cowboy
04-26-2005, 02:39 PM
This has probably been mention someplace, but where is Mindbender? How long is it? What is it rated? Etc? Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

Its in Robber's Roost, which in case you didn't know, is in the absolute middle of nowhere. It takes less than a day and its rated 3A III in normal conditions. A map of the area can be found on canyoneeringusa.com if you look at the "Roost" section of the guide, but having someone show it to you in person or at least on a topo is probably best, since its a confusing jumble of roads and canyons out there.

rock_ski_cowboy
04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
[quote=accadacca] This has probably been mention someplace, but where is Mindbender? How long is it? What is it rated? Etc? Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

Its in Robber's Roost, which in case you didn't know, is in the absolute middle of nowhere. It takes less than a day and its rated 3A III in normal conditions. Knowledge of how to build and assess natural anchors is required-- no bolts! A map of the area can be found on canyoneeringusa.com if you look at the "Roost" section of the guide, but having someone show it to you in person or at least on a topo is probably best, since its a confusing jumble of roads and canyons out there.

Wasatch
04-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Nice pics, looks like an awesome canyon.