PDA

View Full Version : Gross Food

rockgremlin
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Watching Justin down those frog legs at Wendover got me to thinking:

What's the grossest thing you've ever eaten?

While in Ecuador I was served up a really funky bowl of fish stew. They have this traditional fish stew that's served every Easter. The fish is prepared by first leaving it out to dry up in the sun, then rolling it in salt. They then throw it into a big pot with other veggies and other gross things. They use every part of the fish - the skin, scales, head, fins - everything. Hands down the grossest food I've ever eaten.

While in Ecuador I also ate a guinea pig (pretty common food in the mountainous regions of Ecuador). They actually tasted pretty good. Tasted kind of like a weird combo of turkey and trout.

accadacca
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Well as of late I will have to go with the Mayan. Yeah the divers are cool and kinda cute. :roll_lol: But the food is straight up dog food. :puke: The first time that I went there I found a 6 inch long black hair in my salad. And yep you guessed it, it was found too late. The dill hole manager had the nerve to offer me desert after that. Like

rockgremlin
03-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Ugh! That's gross man!! A 6-inch hair!? Well, at least it wasn't short and curly! :twisted: Pretty nervy of the manager to not even comp your meal.

Actually, my first post was a lie. I would have to definitely say that the grossest thing I've ever eaten is MREs! Even though I've eaten them before, and I buy them all the time, I would have to say that they are the all-time worst thing one could EVER ingest! It's crazy how I CHOOSE to eat them! I don't know why! And then there's that awkwardness with having to ACT like they taste good while camping out in mixed company. I don't know why I do it!

accadacca
03-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Ugh! That's gross man!! A 6-inch hair!? Well, at least it wasn't short and curly! :twisted: Pretty nervy of the manager to not even comp your meal.

Actually, my first post was a lie. I would have to definitely say that the grossest thing I've ever eaten is MREs! Even though I've eaten them before, and I buy them all the time, I would have to say that they are the all-time worst thing one could EVER ingest! It's crazy how I CHOOSE to eat them! I don't know why! And then there's that awkwardness with having to ACT like they taste good while camping out in mixed company. I don't know why I do it!
:roll_lol: :roflol:

rockgremlin
03-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry, that was my smart ass twin brother! I'll go put him back in the closet now! :nono:

accadacca
03-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah that diet sh*%! can go as well. :gap:

accadacca
03-31-2005, 04:06 PM
What's the grossest thing you've ever eaten? Man I was hoping to hear some stories about our furry four legged friends. Someone out there has had to have eaten dog or had a freind that did?? :ear:

In England one night we fried up a hedgehog!!! No joke!!! We would swerve for rode kill and then check that the guts didn

Sombeech
04-01-2005, 08:39 AM
I can't think of anything super gross that I've eaten, but I did step in Human feces before.

That sucked. I didn't notice until it was all over my shoes, and even on my sock.

DaveOU812
04-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Alright, I think I can beat you guys. First of all the MRE thing. I ate those for six months. Every time we go out and train, thats all I eat. You get used to em and you start to find your favorites. Problem with those is...they don't give you the "shoots"...it's the other way around. Every four days or so. And when ya do...first it's :eek7: Then it's pissed: then :eek1: and :cry: All in all, it's more like this, :fart:

Ok, story number two. In falluja, theres these kids that run around selling/buying stuff. They are real hustlers. They came and through many hours of hand signals, noises, and finaly a picture of a chicked with a stick through it, we realized he was trying to sell us some chicken kabobs. A couple of guys got them. Ate em, said it didn't taste like chicken, and then got "the shoots" for about a month. Seriously a month. Come to find out, it wasn't chicken. It was dog. The things run around there like rats. To the iraqis, they are vermin.

rabiddog
04-03-2005, 02:11 PM
your buddies got what they desrved. why would they eat some crappy meat on a stick in a third world country anyweays?

stick to the mres - their not that bad. i eat em on all of my campouts. some of them are pretty damn good!

rockgremlin
04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Ya, I don't know why everybody bitches about MREs. They're really not that bad. I've never gotten diarrhea or anything from eating them either. My biggest complaint is that they're not big enough. I'm a pretty big eater, so just one or two MREs usually isn't enough for me.

Sombeech
04-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey, I'm still blown away at the way they heat up! I'm probably way behind the modern technology on food, but the little heaters that come with those are cool.
And, they're cheap! I'm going to start buying some for the office so I don't have to go out and eat CRAP.

accadacca
04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm going to start buying some for the office so I don't have to go out and eat CRAP.
Ok now that

DaveOU812
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok, granted, MREs are pretty good. However, eat them for six months strait. There are only 24 diffrent ones.

Secondly, eating them at work is not a bad idea but they have about 2000 calories per MRE. TUBBY TUBBY!!

Third, if one MRE isn't enough, they actualy have whats called a cold weather MRE. It has about twice the calories. I've only had one before and they are VERY filling. See if you can get your hands on some of those. That might solve your problem.

accadacca
04-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Ya know rockgremlin that new avatar does make you look like a little gremlin. You remember when they put that little sucker in the microwave? SPLAT!!! :lol8:

rockgremlin
04-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Ya I kinda figured that. Makes me look like I'm crawling out of a rocky hole in the ground.