PDA

View Full Version : Neoprene Socks - SealSkinz

accadacca
03-07-2005, 05:24 PM
http://images.rei.com/media/678045Lrg.jpg

I bought some of these SealSkinz for my trip to Goblin Valley. I had heard that they were worth having when doing slot canyons with deep water.

So here is short review:

I was impressed with these socks and they were defiantly worth it. I could walk in the puddles and not have to worry about cold feet. They really keep the warmth in your sock. They do claim to keep water from entering the top of the sock in deep water.

I had to go in water over the top of the sock several times. The sock did allow water to enter into the sock. However once you started walking again they would warm up quicker then a regular sock. I would give them a 7.

I will use them for hunting and anything where I want to avoid wet feet. They really shine in those types of conditions. However when you have to go deeper they do allow some water to enter. Even in those conditions they beat a regular sock feet down.

rock_ski_cowboy
06-20-2005, 05:27 PM
:rockon: I need to get me some of those for canyoneering! Sounds like just the ticket, especially when layered with some neoprene socks for added warmth in the cold canyons.

FOX
11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
I used these for the first time in the Squeeze under freezing water conditions and loved them! They also made hiking in the Five Tens much more comfortable as well -- Five Tens are a horrible approach shoe.

I had water leak into the socks but not enough to make it miserable. What little water got in warmed to my body heat and was fine!

I will use them again in cold, wet canyons for sure!