PDA

View Full Version : shooting guns

rabiddog
03-02-2005, 08:15 PM
i've only been here in utah for a few weeks. anybody know of some good spots to go out shooting, maybe away from the city? preferably away from people? :D

rockgremlin
03-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Try my in-laws place. :lol:

accadacca
03-02-2005, 09:05 PM
i've only been here in utah for a few weeks. anybody know of some good spots to go out shooting, maybe away from the city? preferably away from people? :D
SUP!!!! Welcome to the board. :cool: There are several places to shoot guns around here. One place that we go is on the west side of Utah Lake.

I am not sure where you are located? But if you hop on Redwood Road and head south. After you go thru Riverton & Bluffdale the road will turn into highway 68 as you can see on this map. You will eventually end up on the west side of Utah Lake. Then proceed along that road about 10-15 miles past Saratoga Springs (unless that is where rockgremlins in-laws live :haha: ) until you find a good place on the West (mountain) side of the road to shoot. There are a few gravel pit type spots that are good. Or anywhere against the mountain away from any trails.

Hey are you a duck fan?

Map Here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=herriman&state=UT&zipcode=

Sombeech
03-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeah, depends where you live.

rabiddog
03-03-2005, 12:32 PM
i live in sandy. sorry, should have said so...i mostoly like shooting pidgins with the ole scattergun.

accadacca
03-03-2005, 12:47 PM
i live in sandy. sorry, should have said so...i mostoly like shooting pidgins with the ole scattergun.
I would head out where I mentioned. Good spot for you. Give those pidgins hell. :rifle:

rabiddog
03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
o yea, and the only ducks i'm a fan of are the ones in front of my shotgun! :D

i am a big time Trailblazer fan though, sorry about your pathetic Jazz. maybe they should re-hire Karl Malone :wink:

i also like the Packers, and i also root for the Braves

ChiefAutoParts
03-05-2005, 02:13 PM
There is a range up in Ogden Valley that you need to be a member of. It's like ten bucks from March 01 (weather permitting) until the end of Nov (weather permitting.) They have 100, 200 and 300 yard hills and concrete benchrests but no overhead cover or shade. No clay pigeon shooting permitted either. The land is owned by the Weber Wildlife Federation and is also patrolled by the WC sheriffs from time to time.
There is also one in the Kaysville area that's up there by the Kaysville public works depts, but I don't know much about that one. I think its ran by Davis county. If you want to shoot clay birds, the Ogden Gun Club is open on sundays and wednesdays for skeet shooting. They have the markings on the ground and motorized throwers and scorekeepers. I think it's like 3 or 4 bucks for a round of 25 birds. Not sure of the hours there though.
Hope this helps. Chief

DickHead
05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Here is a good list of gun ranges
http://utahshootingsports.com/usscranges.htm
I've shot at Lee Kay, its okay but the guys that run it are old crumudgeons. They wouldn't let me shoot slugs from my shotgun on the rifle range. The time between cease fires is a little long, but there is a rifle range with self-pulling target bays. Upside its cheap.
Doug's Shoot'n sports: Cesspool with bad lighting and ill-maintained equipment. Pistol and .22lr only. But you can rent used pistols to take down to the range, good way to try it before you buy it.
Holladay gun club: Great place, I got no complaints.

Now, for the redneck ranges:
Go south on I15 to the Lehi exit. go west to the four corners intersection, turn left on Camp Williams road (aka redwood road). Go south along Utah lake. When you get around the mountain you'll see dirt roads that go up to the West along the hills. Good places to shoot, but unfortunately lots of trash, and idiots that will shoot towards other people.
:wallbash:
Go further south to Mile Marker 8, just past it there is a dirt road to the right with powerlines running along side, through some fields (private property on both sides). Go across the cattle gaurd and you're on BLM land. Find a safe spot and have fun.

accadacca
05-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Damn dude! :2guns: Dont mess with this guy! Locked N' Loaded! :lol8:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/6-10-04_2.jpg

This is usually how I look after some punk kid comes by on a fourwheeler. :frustrated: :2gun:

DickHead
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
What can I say, I'm compensating for something
:roflol:
When I get a chance, I've got some videos I'll share....

Sombeech
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
When I get a chance, I've got some videos I'll share....
Cool.