PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Hunting - Golden Spike

accadacca
01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
We decided to head up near Golden Spike to look for rabbits. Several people that had planned the trip to Malta, ID bailed out. I have never been to this area and have always wanted to check out the Golden Spike visitor

accadacca
01-16-2005, 04:53 PM
More Photos

rockgremlin
01-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Just a tip for the trip from Golden Spike to Wendover...

I did that trek this past summer twice, and it is on HELL of a long deserted stretch of road. Nothing out there, and I mean NOTHING for literally hundreds of miles. In order to make the trip you've gotta get on some railroad maintenance road that runs parallel to some railroad tracks that go from Ogden across the Great Salt Lake and west into Nevada. In a vehicle, if you're prone to car-sickness this road will make you sick. But in a motorcycle could be really cool because there are some cool things along the way that you COULD check out in a truck, but don't because you're so sick of driving. Some good salt flats out there too. You could really go nuts rapping out your speed on those flats out there, they stretch on forever.

accadacca
01-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah it would be an interesting ride! What possessed you to take that road twice in a truck last summer?

rockgremlin
01-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Several things: Curiosity, great photo ops, and there's some old abandoned silver/lead/copper mines out there on the northern tip of the Newfoundland Mountain range.

accadacca
01-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Searching for rocks huh

rockgremlin
01-18-2005, 09:55 PM
depends on how my school schedule looks. Might end up coming last minute like the Fiesta Bowl trip.