PDA

View Full Version : St. George Floods

rockgremlin
01-11-2005, 11:22 AM
The good people of St. George should start investing in ark-building. The recent flooding is really bad. I was in Las Vegas over the weekend, and on the way back was able to see some of the destruction first-hand. In addition to the town being flooded, I-15 was a mess also. Tractor-trailers had slid off the road in several locations, and water was pouring over the interstate in sheets. Lakes and rivers were everywhere. :bath: It was like waterworld. Weird. :shock:

I go back to Vegas the last weekend of this month to run in the Las Vegas marathon. Maybe by then things will have dried up a bit!

accadacca
01-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah it's nuts! We were hiking around in St. George 11 days ago. We may have needed a raft the last few days. That should really fill up the reservoirs down there. Yikes! :wedgie: You should have snapped some pictures.

I heard that in Vegas it was damn cold and even snow? I talked to a business associate today that was down there at a video convention. He said he was not prepared to see that kind of weather in Vegas and he froze his "A" off. :frustrated:

Not really the best time to plan a trip to a slot canyon! :shock:

rockgremlin
01-11-2005, 04:39 PM
It wasn't that cold in Vegas. In fact, the snow that I saw was a very small dusting which lasted about 2 hours and then melted. It did rain quite a bit. In fact, it never stopped raining the entire time I was there.

In Vegas they don't know what is cold and snowy like Utahns do!! If that guy said he froze his @$$ off, it's because he was maybe wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Or he's from somewhere like Tahiti, where it never dips below 60 degrees!

Besides, when you're in Vegas, who cares what the weather is like...all the action is indoors! :friday: :popcorn:

DaveOU812
01-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I was there on Saturday and it didn't rain at all. However, driving across the Mojave desert I got caught between two storms. It was all flooded pretty bad but it does that alot.

Sombeech
01-12-2005, 08:01 AM
So, did the city of St George itself get flooded, or just the outskirts?

accadacca
01-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Damn boy don