PDA

View Full Version : Check this thing out!

accadacca
01-07-2005, 06:57 PM
http://www.howeandhowe.com/videos/SPONSOR.wmv

Sombeech
01-10-2005, 03:47 PM
That's pretty mean looking. I wonder how it does with crawling rocks.

DaveOU812
01-11-2005, 07:07 PM
It has the same basic suspension as a tank. Supported track with road wheels and all. The tanks will crawl over anything. Mud is the only bad part cause it will sink but this think looks like it's pretty light. I've crawled up stuff in a tank that I wouldn't dream of in a Jeep so I bet this thing would tear it up. The only problem is keeping your track on the vehicle. You notice it wasn't doing any low speed sharp turns. The way the track on it works, it would throw the track and it's a pain to get back on. Mabey they corrected the problem. It's pretty easy to throw a track. Sand, rocks, or just turning to sharp for an extended period of time will do it. It's pretty cool though. I want one. Wonder what it cost to build it.

Sombeech
01-12-2005, 07:58 AM
I would love to get a tubing bender. Once you have that, you've got any frame you want.

accadacca
01-12-2005, 10:48 AM
It has the same basic suspension as a tank. Supported track with road wheels and all. The tanks will crawl over anything. Mud is the only bad part cause it will sink but this think looks like it's pretty light. I've crawled up stuff in a tank that I wouldn't dream of in a Jeep so I bet this thing would tear it up. The only problem is keeping your track on the vehicle. You notice it wasn't doing any low speed sharp turns. The way the track on it works, it would throw the track and it's a pain to get back on. Mabey they corrected the problem. It's pretty easy to throw a track. Sand, rocks, or just turning to sharp for an extended period of time will do it. It's pretty cool though. I want one. Wonder what it cost to build it.

Do you have a way to take some pictures of what your doing at 29 Palms? I.E. tanks, equip, training area, etc. That would be cool! Or would you have to shoot us after that? :chairshot:

DaveOU812
01-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I could take some pictures. I just have to go out and buy some disposible cameras. Were going out the the field to do some training here shortly. Were gonna be out for about a month so I could take alot of pictures then. Posting them is the problem. I'd have to mail em to you or something. The computers out there aren't real great except for surfing the net. :comppunch:

accadacca
01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah that would work. I have a kick butt new scanner. I could email them back to you so that you can post them. I would love to see some pictures of your training. Sounds like a plan! I will email you my address. (To your new address)

:2thumbs: