PDA

View Full Version : Zion Narrows

Sombeech
12-10-2004, 08:31 AM
Anybody been through the Zion Narrows this year?

rockgremlin
12-10-2004, 11:02 AM
The Narrows are overrated. If you want to do some REAL canyons, let's hook up this summer. This state is littered with hundreds of great slot canyons.

rockgremlin
12-10-2004, 11:08 AM
:shock: You want me to rappel off that!? :shock:

rock_ski_cowboy
06-08-2005, 03:28 PM
The Narrows are overrated. If you want to do some REAL canyons, let's hook up this summer. This state is littered with hundreds of great slot canyons.

I second that one! Did the narrows Top to Bottom and by mile 10 of 16 I was too sick of walking on round rocks with little pebbles in my shoes to even appreciate or care about their beauty. I'll be seeing the narrows again, but only as the end of some of the technical slots that dump into them.

Sombeech
06-08-2005, 03:57 PM

I second that one! Did the narrows Top to Bottom and by mile 10 of 16 I was too sick of walking on round rocks with little pebbles in my shoes to even appreciate or care about their beauty. I'll be seeing the narrows again, but only as the end of some of the technical slots that dump into them.

Yeah, I heard you're walking on a bunch of slippery boulders beneath the water. I can foresee my "jelly knee" dislocating by mile 2. The technical stuff is much easier on my knee, because it's usually slower.